After a night time run, filled with frustration from an annoying headlamp, the inspiration for the Velnox Tarsier was born.
By re-positioning the the light source to the chest, utilizing a COB LED light strip, and developing a super comfortable body-strap system, we have developed an all-use alternative, or complement, to your headlamp or torch.
No more narrow beam bounce, heavy batteries mounted on your head, or thin elastic straps that don't do much for comfort.
The Tarsier can be worn for just about any night time activity where a broad, near proximity light field is what you are looking for.
Check out our FAQ's at the bottom of the home-page for all the details on the Tarsier, but here's a quick summary:
- a slimline design, so that the Tarsier sits close to your body
- 3 settings - 200 lumens, 100 lumens, off; providing a wide angle floodlight
- TARSIEReye lens technology - to direct more of the light out in front of you where you need it most
- powered by 3 AAA batteries
- a fully adjustable body-strap system, made of high quality elastic, that is both easy to get on, comfortable and durable
- we are working on a rechargeable battery option, as well as accessories such as tent hook and backpack attachment